HMRC has issued its latest update on employment tax matters, sent to professional bodies for us to pass on to members, reports accountancy services Harris & Co. The update is aimed at agents and employers.
This latest (22 March 2013) update focuses on RTI (Real Time Information), which comes into effect for most employers from 6 April 2013. HMRC provides:
- A summary of various information and guidance available on its website
- A link to the press release on relaxation of reporting arrangements for small businesses – highlighted in the ICAEW news item dated 19 March 2013.
- Links to recent statutory instruments which implement the RTI rules – we will cover these in more detail in a news item later this week.
In addition the HMRC update covers:
- A new product, “Online End of Year Expenses and Benefits forms”, which is an additional route by which employers can submit year-end returns.
- A new government consultation on the administration of shared parental leave and pay.
- A consultation on a new HMRC service for customers needing extra support. This is linked to the closure of Enquiry Centres and was covered in our news item HMRC to close all Tax Enquiry Centres