AUTO ENROLMENT FOR PAYROLL
The purpose of this schedule to our engagement letter is to set out the basis on which we are to assist you in meeting your auto enrolment obligations.
1. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
1.1 You will be responsible for the reliability, accuracy and completeness of the personnel records.
2. OUR RESPONSIBILITIES
2.1 You have asked us to help you comply with your auto enrolment obligations.
2.2As a firm, we have decided to recommend setting up an auto enrolment with NEST for all our clients. Our reasons for this are:
2.2.1.By having only one pension provider to deal with, it simplifies and standardises our administration procedures and therefore keeps costs to a minimum;
2.2.2. The major pension providers do not have the capacity to accept large numbers of small schemes and are actively turning such businesses away;
2.2.3. NEST is the Government’s default scheme, and therefore as an employer, you are unlikely to be criticised for selecting it.
2.3 By accepting this letter of engagement, you agree to use NEST as your pension provider.
2.4 In the second part of our work, we will:
1. Nominate ourselves as the pension contact with The Pension Regulator;
2. Register a pension scheme with NEST for you.
2.5 In the third part of our work, on your staging date, we will:
1. Register all your employees in your NEST pension scheme;
2. Register a certificate of compliance with The Pension Regulator for you;
3. Communicate details of the scheme to your employees
2.6 In the fourth part of our work, once you are past your staging date, each month we will:
1. Compute the employees’ and employers’ pension contributions;
2. Communicate these contributions to NEST;
3. Advise you how much to pay to NEST;
4. Process any joiners and leavers to the pension scheme;
5. Issue any postponement notices;
6. Communicate all statutory information to the employees
2.7As part of our normal procedures, we may request you to provide written confirmation of any information or explanations given by you orally during the course of our work.
2.8 You will approve and sign payroll each month thereby acknowledging responsibility for it and for providing us with all information and explanations necessary for its compilation.
Updated August 2017